Amongst other writing styles, creative writing is one of the most open minded and imaginative one. This type of writing style you are supposed to learn either in high school or college. The essay you produce in this category will be more of a narrative type and not analytical or persuasive. You are free to use self-expression and stretch your imagination.
In creative writing, you have to look past all the stated guidelines and structures. All you have to do is focus on creating a story which has an exciting path. The best part is that there is no topic restriction either.
Basic Pre-Writing Tips
Creative writing is such an exciting writing style that you might be eager to start writing as soon as possible. However, it is best to keep your thoughts and work organized. So, here are a few pre-writing tips for you:
- Choose a topic: Before focusing on anything else, choose a topic first. It doesn’t need to be something which you are well-versed with. In fact, pick something new and exciting. Some of the cool creating writing topics are:
- Write about an event that happened in your life.
- Write about a scenario which narrates the end of the world.
- Write a love story and have some unusual scenes added to it.
- Write a story about the future and how technology will control everything.
- Do research: Even if you have picked a topic which you know extremely well, it is necessary to do some research. Investigate your topic well and use different viewpoints, facts and information to create a masterpiece.
- Work out the entire essay: Plan your entire essay well in advance. Make sure you have a clear setting in mind and create a strong introduction. Also, keep all the readers in tuned throughout the story.
- Start writing: Once you have the entire outline ready, start working on it. Go though the typing and formatting guidelines and work accordingly. Try to keep spell and grammar mistakes as minimum as possible. Stay focused throughout and don’t expect to complete the entire essay in one sitting, it will take time for the ideas to flow.
- Record any creative idea: When you are writing, if anything exciting comes to your mind, make sure to note it down. It is not necessary that you can use the idea there and then, but it can be of great use later.
As soon as you are done writing take a break. You have been working on your story as well as on screen since long and now your mind definitely needs a break. Once you are fresh and clear, follow the below mentioned 3 important steps.
- Re-Read the entire essay and check all spell mistakes.
- Check grammatical errors if any.
- Ask someone else to proofread it for you.
Creative writing is amazing, but it isn’t for everyone. If you think you are more of an analytical type then leave the creative writing essay for the professionals. There are many creative writing service providers like https://essaymill.com/buy-online and you can anytime buy a well-written essay from them.